UMAG HKU 香港大學美術博物館






电话号码(+852) 2241-5500
电邮地址[email protected]
地址香港薄扶林般咸道九十號 香港大學美術博物館 | University Museum and Art Gallery, the University of Hong Kong, 90 Bonham Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong


The University Museum and Art Gallery (UMAG) of The University of Hong Kong was founded in 1953 as the Fung Ping Shan Museum. Originally established as the Fung Ping Shan Library of Chinese language publications in 1932, the building became a museum dedicated to collecting Chinese art after the University's libraries consolidated. The museum was renamed UMAG in 1994, shortly before its new wing was opened to the public in 1996. UMAG is the oldest continuously operated museum in Hong Kong, and over the past sixty years has built up a diverse collection of ceramics and bronzes dating from the Neolithic period to the Qing dynasty, as well as traditional and modern paintings and works on paper from the Ming to the twenty-first century. In addition to these permanent collections, UMAG regularly hosts exhibitions of contemporary and ancient Chinese and Western art, and on early Hong Kong history.